Status of artists abroad

The status of artists and other persons engaged in the cultural sector various from country to country. Information and advice may be obtained from the following organisations:

Belgium: The Cultuurloket website offers detailed information on artistic status in Belgium

France: MobiCulture supports mobility for those wishing to travel to France. Individual inquiries are possible; the website offers information on work permits and social security, among other topics. 

French border area, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium: Guide to mobility in the greater region, topics: legal status, health insurance, unemployment, pensions, taxation (German language only).

Austria: Information on labour law and forms of employment in Austria are provided at the webpage SMartAT Mobility.

Basic information on self-employed and employed artists is provided in the fact sheets of the Austrian Association of Independent Theatre: Sozialversicherung (Social Security, German language only), including information on different types of contracts and Der Künstler-Sozialversicherungsfond (The Artists’ Social Security Fund, German language only). Further information is available here

Wales Arts International publishes information on working in Wales as an artist and related contracts. 

To top