Trainings, grants, and residencies

The length of intended stay is crucial for visits of artists and creatives that do not lead to employment. Does the duration of the grant or planned training or creative period exceed 90 days or not? Accordingly, one applies for a C visa for short stays or a D visa, which can be converted into a temporary residence permit.  

In this case, the approval of the ZAV is not required, because the artist does not take up employment in Germany, but at most receives expense allowances, travel expenses, or grants to cover living costs.  

Some embassies offer information leaflets for training stays or the like on their websites. 

To top