Social security

What must Turkish artists and persons engaged in the cultural sector – employees or self-employed persons – consider with regard to social security if they (want to) work in Germany temporarily? What must be done in the case of illness? And what can be done in terms of social security if their stay in Germany is longer-term?

Turkey and Germany have concluded a German-Turkish Social Security Agreement, which has been in effect since 1964 (Supplementary Agreement of 1987). Social security agreements define which legislation applies to cross-border activities and which branches of social security are covered. They are concluded so as to avoid overlap or double insurance. What does this mean specifically for artists and persons engaged in the cultural sector from Turkey who live and work in Germany?

To top

İletişim ve Danışma // Contact and Advice

touring artists helpdesk service